Installing OpenOffice from Ports Collection

Colin J. Raven duiker at haggis.nl
Tue Jan 27 05:31:22 PST 2004

Hi all!
I'm trying to install OpenOffice-1.1 on FreeBSD4.9 RELEASE.
The installation halts - which is in itself highly unusual.

It asks for various bsd-jdk & j2sdk files from Sun to be installed in
/usr/distfiles,
so I download and copy them into the requisite
directory, chown & chgrp them as necessary, and begin the build
again. The install complains that the required files aren't there!
(they are!!)
Here's an example of the output:

===>  Extracting for jdk-1.4.2p6_1
>> Checksum OK for j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip.
>> Checksum OK for j2sdk-1_4_2-bin-scsl.zip.
>> Checksum mismatch for bsd-jdk14-patches-6.tar.gz.
===>  Refetch for 1 more times files: bsd-jdk14-patches-6.tar.gz
LIBC_R TEST PASSED: All Ok

NOTICES:

To build JDK 1.4.2 port, you should have at least
1.7Gb of free disk space in build area!

NOTE: Please use `make -DWITH_DEBUG' if you want to
install libraries and binaries with debugging support.

>> bsd-jdk14-patches-6.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in
/usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
fetch:
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/bsd-jdk14-patches-6.ta
r.gz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
*** Error code 1

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrongly and how to remedy this issue
please?

Regards to all,
-Colin