Postfix+TLS+SASL

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Tue Jan 27 03:09:57 PST 2004

Hello Martin,

I am using almost the same setup, but with sasl version 1 (I selected
only sasl1 and ssl/tls support in the postfix port).

My /usr/local/etc/postfix/saslpasswd file looks like this (you need to
create a .db file with `postmap')

My main.cf is as follows

--- main.cf ---
inet_interfaces = localhost
relayhost = <your mail relay>
myorigin= $mydomain
mydestination = localhost localhost.my.domain hostname hostname.my.domain

virtual_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/mail/aliases

sender_canonical_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
readme_directory = no
append_at_myorigin=yes
append_dot_mydomain=yes

sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix

setgid_group = maildrop
mail_owner = postfix
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450

#SMTP Auth
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/saslpasswd
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtp_tls_loglevel = 0

------

There's no need to run a sasld daemon (check /usr/local/etc/rc.d whether
the port installed a start-up script there).

Simon