ACL:s are disabled upon reboot into multi-user

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Tue Jan 27 01:50:36 PST 2004

>  did you try to just put "acls" option in /etc/fstab ?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/fs-acl.html

Ah, no I haven't. Will do. *However*, according to that part of the handbook,
tunefs should be enough - and indeed, is recommended due to the permanent
nature of the setting. So even if this ends up working I don't get why it
didn't work in the first place. As is mentioned in the handbook, a filesystem
which might be mounted with/without ACLs by accident is not very attractive
from a security stand-point.

Thanks a lot!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org