mod_perl with FreeBSD (stock perl vs perl 5.8 port)

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Mon Jan 26 00:05:36 PST 2004

I'm working with mod_perl-1.x *current* on FreeBSD-4.9.

For some time, I've had some difficulty getting this lot to work correctly,
as an OBJ (non-DSO).  During the compile, I get a slew of
Dynaloader-related errors in the linking process.

So today, I tried testing the compile using the SYSTEM perl (/usr/bin/perl)
and the compile completed fine, without any errors.

It sounds to me like Dynaloader is not being compiled correctly in this
configuration - that's all I can take a guess at.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with FreeBSD-4.x and
mod_perl.  There must be a way to correct this.

Thanks,
Forrest