Intel 815 + Floppy

David Short dshort at raider.crsc.k12.ar.us
Sun Jan 25 19:37:43 PST 2004

Let me start by saying that I LOVE FreeBSD---I love it for servers & I
love to use it on the desktop!  I have merely one simple question for you
all and that is this:

One of my machines has a motherboard with and Intel 815 chipset.  Well,
after installing the 5.x series (5.1, 5.2), you cannot mount a floppy.  It
gives you Input/Output errors.  However, in the 4.x series (4.8, 4.9), I
don't seem to have this problem.  Is there any way to make this work in
the 5.x series?  Or better yet... will this be fixed before 5.x becomes
"STABLE"?

Thank you for FreeBSD,
Dave
dshort at raider.crsc.k12.ar.us