Cyrus-IMAPD users...question

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Sat Jan 24 12:01:40 PST 2004

Hi!

> Was just curious for anyone out there, who is running cyrus on FreeBSD, did
> you install the software through the ports tree?

Yes. I'm currently running Cyrus-IMAPD 2.0.17 installed from ports.

> What DB version are you running?

# pkg_info | grep db
db3-3.3.11,1        The Berkeley DB package, revision 3

> Are you exepriencing any DB problems?

The only problems I've had happened during upgrading. I've upgraded
cyrus-imapd twice on this server, which also implied upgrading
cyrus-sasl and db3. And both times after the upgrade the SASL database
where passwords are kept was unreadable, which meant users couldn't log
in. Seems like the newer cyrus-sasl (built with newer db3) couldn't
read the database created with the older version. First time when it
happened I just created new passwords for all users (a lot of hassle!).
The second time I somehow got it working after 8 hours of mucking
around, but by the end of it I was so stoned that I really don't know
*what* I did to get it working.

Now I seriously fear the day I might need to upgrade Cyrus again.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Boy, that lightning came a little clo-********!!*******NO CARRIER