Cricket setup help

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Jan 24 11:06:32 PST 2004

Long agao, and far away I set up mrtg to monitor various aspects of a
nrtwork. Twoard the end of this excersise, I remeber being frustrated by
some limitations of mrtg. I looked around, ad decided that if I ever needed
to do this job again, I'd use cricket.

Well, the time has come to setup this on my home network.

So, is cricket still a good/the best choice? I want to be able to monitor
at least the following:

1. Network interface trafic on all interfaces.
2. free disk space on all disk partitons
3. CPU loading on all machines

I have installed the cricket port, and the ucd-snmp port. I've followed teh
"begineers" directions, configuring the local FreeBSD machine as a
"router", thinking I could at leas get the network interface statstics
goign with that, but no luck. I do get replies from the machien, and I cna
run an snmpdwalk on it. But it appears that I'm bot getting interface
trafic data.

Can anyoen help me out?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin