Slow USB performance

Gautam Gopalakrishnan ggop at madras.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 23 16:07:01 PST 2004

Hello,

I have a Jetflash 64MB USB memory stick and a Fuji Digital Camera.
USB is atrociously slow. Copying images from the camera is about
3.1 MB in 23 secs (138 kbytes/s). The memory stick is even worse.
3-4 MB take more than a minute.

Could this be because of same IRQ being assigned to USB host
controllers and n/w controllers? I tried modifying /boot/device.hints,
but not very sure what to change. The usb-bsd list and freebsd
usb faq have not said much. Any help appreciated.

FreeBSD madras.dyndns.org 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #0:
Tue Jan 13 07:44:00 EST 2004
root at madras.dyndns.org:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/MADRAS  i386

TIA
Gautam