Installing Apache and mod_ssl

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Fri Jan 23 15:23:47 PST 2004

Evening everyone...
Im just getting started with apache and mod_ssl. I was reading through the
docs on the mod_ssl web site and it recommended downloading the source code
for apache, mod_ssl and openssl.

My question is that I already have openssl installed on my test server. It
is currently being used for my IMAP server and was installed as a dependency.

Now, reading the docs and the install (for mod_ssl), it actually wants you
to point to the directory where you unzipped the source code for openssl.
Since I already have openssl installed, is it possible to point it to the
location on my computer? Or would I have to download the source code to a
temp location and point to that location when installing mod_ssl?

I apprecate the help.

Cheers,

Jason

P.S. Besides the O'Reilly book for Apache, any other recommended books?