libdri.a

Brian H b1henning at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:07:13 PST 2004

Greetings:

Problem:
When I goto start xwindows with the startx command I get the following

Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
is unresolved!

Background:
Recently installed xfree 4.3.0 server and client from the ports directory
after updating the ports tree. I set my display variable to localhost:0.0
and when I run glxinfo I get the followoing: unable to open display (null)'
I read the following tidbit: "The DRI kernel module version must exactly
match your running kernel version.
Since there are so many versions of the kernel, it's difficult to provide
precompiled kernel modules."

Is there someway I can verify this? What other ideas do you have to solve my
problem?

Thanks,

Brian