sendmail logs and other questions

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 23 08:31:18 PST 2004

Dirk  Thanks for the pointer to /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README.
It seems like this is generic info not really targeted at the way
sendmail is installed under FBSD.

So guessing at what it's really trying to saw I have arrived at
this to tell sendmail my sites domain name.

cd /etc/mail
ee freebsd.mc
Change DOMAIN(generic) to DOMAIN(fbsdjones.com)
Save file
m4 freebsd.mc
To compile the freebsd.mc source into the freebsd.cf file
Reboot to enable

Is this correct?

To my question, How do I tell sendmail to not do reverse IP lookup?

You said to Use: /etc/mail/service.switch

There is no file like that on my system and the README gives no
pointers as the where to find sample of this file. Need to know
syntax of statement that goes into /etc/mail/service.switch and how
to enable it.

Thanks for your help