totally allocated apache bandwidth in freebsd

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Fri Jan 23 06:53:03 PST 2004

>From the ALTQ home web page says it's an stand-a-lone application
and says nothing about being incorporated into PF the firewall. If
it is then all the better. Thanks for the pointer to this
information.
 http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/kjc/software.html#ALTQ

ALTQ: Alternate Queueing for BSD UNIX (version 3.1)
This is a release of Alternate Queueing for BSD UNIX. ALTQ provides
queueing disciplines and other QoS related components required to
realize resource-sharing and quality of service. The ALTQ release is
intended to be a flexible platform to promote network research and
gain field experience.
ALTQ consists of a system framework, QoS components, and management
tools. The system framework provides an abstraction of QoS
components and interfaces QoS components into the existing operating
system. The QoS components realizes actual service differentiation
mechanisms. The management tools include altq daemon and altqstat
monitoring tool. Note that ALTQ controls only outgoing traffic since
queueing disciplines work only on outgoing interfaces.
Now that ALTQ is being developed in the KAME repository, this
standalone ALTQ release is back-ported from KAME, and supports only
FreeBSD-4.5, NetBSD-1.5.2 and OpenBSD-3.0. (some tools and documents
haven't been merged into KAME, and are available only in this
release. OpenBSD-3.0 already integrates ALTQ so that this packages
updates the ALTQ part. ALTQ in OpenBSD-current as of February 26
isn't much different from altq-3.1.)