Printing list of sites access

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 01:30:46 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:28:21PM +1000, Jenny Ravu wrote:

> I would like to know how I can print on one of my server with Freebsd,
> We use this server for our internet access, this is connected to a ROUTER
> that has a link to our ISP.
> And all the users fo via this server to access the internet,

You want to see what websites your users are viewing?

Unless you install software to monitor your users' internet access,
the information you want will not be recorded anywhere.

One solution is to install a web cache, such as Squid -- see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/www/squid/pkg-descr and
http://www.squid-cache.org/.  The Squid logs will tell you what URLs
have been accessed by which machines on your internal network.  You'll
also get all the benefits of web caching in reducing usage on your
internet link.

> As I don't have the manual, please help

FreeBSD manuals are available online at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi and there is a great deal of other