ideas for an old BSD laptop?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Jan 22 11:38:53 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 07:06:17PM -0500, parv wrote:
: in message <20040120223640.GB39542 at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>,
: wrote Jonathon McKitrick thusly...
: >
: > I haven't used my infamous Toshiba Satellite with FreeBSD 4.8 very
: > much since I got my desktop system with a flatscreen.  I'm trying
: > to think of something interesting to do with it now.
: >
: > Any ideas on something interesting to use it for?  Maybe some kind
: > of learning experience?
:
: Try to run (Free|Net)BSD-current?  Or even, Sun Solaris 2.9?

Solaris?  That might be interesting.  You can order Solaris for x86 on CD
free from Sun, correct?

Does it work pretty well with laptop hardware?

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.