wierd errors with USB drive & syslog

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Jan 21 22:05:55 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Brent Bailey wrote:

> anywho we are seeing alot of udp packets being dropped due to full
> sockets..im worried that im not getting all the logging that i should be
> getting.
>
> udp:
>   38123594 datagrams received
>   0 with incomplete header
>   0 with bad data length field
>   2 with bad checksum
>   352023 with no checksum
>   319427 dropped due to no socket
>   386465 broadcast/multicast datagrams dropped due to no socket
>   5775699 dropped due to full socket buffers     <--THIS CONCERNS ME

during operation, what does 'netstat -m' say ? if you need to increase
number of mbufs or mbuf clusters, look at NMBCLUSTERS and NMBUFS in your
kernel config file. see LINT for the details. the mbuf area is autosized
to (512 + maxusers*16) by default, but you can increase this as above or
by just increasing MAXUSERS.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/