man question

Didier Wiroth didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Wed Jan 21 15:33:46 PST 2004

Hi,

I've compiled and installed software by my own in this directory:
/home/me/custom/

In this directory I have the following directories and subdirectories:
/home/me/custom/man
/home/me/custom/man/man1
/home/me/custom/man/man8

The man8 and man1 directory contains some .8 and .1 man files.

For example /home/me/custom/man/man8/logrotate.8
When I enter: man 8 logrotate
I get: No entry for logrotate in section 8 of the manual
or
man logrotate:
No manual entry for logrotate

What do I have to do, to be able to use/view those man files, only ME? I don't want to modif manpath.config (as this is a global configuration file)?

thx