viewing sgml documents

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Wed Jan 21 07:02:00 PST 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 07:43 am, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Andrew L. Gould" <algould at datawok.com> writes:
> > When ports install sgml documents to /usr/local/share/doc/*, what apps
> > are used to view them without the markups?
>
> Normally a web browser is used to view the html files that are
> generated from them...

I'm trying to view the operators' guide for dancer-ircd port.  The sgml
documents are in /usr/local/share/doc/dancer-ircd/sgml/dancer-oper-guide/.
I've installed the ports docproj and sgmltools; and I've read the README
files and MAKEFILE's in the relevant directories.

When I perform "make doc" per the MAKEFILE, it doesn't do anything. No
messages are returned.

When I use sgmltools, the html option creates one empty directory.  The ps and
txt options create documents with the entirety of the contents on one line.

Is it generally this hard to produce documentation, or is this port an
exception?

Andrew Gould