FreeBSD 4.9: Installation: CD-ROM problems

Keith Kelly c0d3h4x0r at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 20:34:00 PST 2004

I bought longer ATA/133 cables and reconfigured the wiring of my IDE
devices.  The mid-cable connector supposedly should go to the slave device,
according to the labels on the cables.  So now the wiring arrangement is
consistent with how the devices are jumpered.
Still, sysinstall is unable to mount any CDs.  I do notice that when the
kernal load while booting from the CD, it detects all 5 of my disk devices.

Anyone else want to take a stab at this? One user's choice of whether to
love or hate FreeBSD hangs in the balance...

- Keith