ideas for an old BSD laptop?

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 15:03:38 PST 2004

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't used my infamous Toshiba Satellite with FreeBSD 4.8 very much
> since I got my desktop system with a flatscreen.  I'm trying to think of
> something interesting to do with it now.  I don't really need a separate
> firewall, and it doesn't make sense to use it as a fileserver.  With a ppp
> connection, it couldn't easily be a webserver either.
>
> Any ideas on something interesting to use it for?  Maybe some kind of
> learning experience?
>
> NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.
>
> jm
Actually,
I'm in a similar situation but because of laptop memory.  (I only have
16MB RAM available.)

I was planning to use it to play with kerberus 5 as the KDC.

Since it is just a little home network, I'm not worried about physical
security.  ;-)  e.g. Someone walking away with my kerberus box.
Cheers...