Memory disks

Benjamin Walkenhorst Krylon at gmx.net
Mon Jan 19 00:12:28 PST 2004

> Hi all
>
> I was just reading the man page for md
>
> I need to know how to create a 60mg memory disk that is RW
> what is the cmds?
>
> Thankyou
>
> Jer

Hello,

For version 5.x the corresponding command is "mdmfs" (man 8 mdmfs). Towards
the bottom of the man-page you find some examples that should make it rather
easy to set up a memory disk (I use a 32mb-disk for /tmp, very useful).
If you are using 4.x, I'm not sure. Look up "man 4 md" and look at "See
also", at the bottom of the page.

Kind regads,

Benjamin

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail