saving downloaded packages with pkg_add -r

Jon freebsd-questions at kenka.org
Sun Jan 18 04:40:20 PST 2004

Hi,

When I do, say...

pkg_add -r foo

... is foo-version.tar.gz stored anywhere? With ports, the source tarballs
are saved in /usr/ports/distfiles. But I can't find the downloaded packages
anywhere. Can't find mention of this either.

Reason I ask is that I'm going to reinstall after using FBSD for the first
time, and I don't want to re-download all those packages again as I have a
quota. And I also don't want to have to manually download and save each
package & it's deps.

Thanks!