install FreeBSD using PPPoE

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 11:47:44 PST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:50:11 -0600
"ar" <aranenko at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am another one (yet one more?) who was trying to install FreeBSD using =
> PPPoE connection. For some reason I cannot reach the article at:
> http://www.treefort.org/~rpratt/pppoe/article.html
> (reffered in "PPPoE as installation medium possible?": =
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-April/001249.ht=
> ml)
> which, I aasume, describes the technique  how it can be done.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? Are there any other resources on =
> this issue: How to install FreeBSD using PPPoE connection?
>
> Thanks everyone in advance who can shed light on this, appreciate your =
> help
>
> Alex.

Hi again Alex,

Apparently you didn't receive my email on 15 Jan 2004 inquiring about
same.

The treefort.org site is down (catastrophic hardware failure from
what I hear).  It is not likely to be restored.

The content you are looking for is also at:

	http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the material.

My apologies for not posting an updated link to the archives sooner.

Good luck with your install!

Best regards,

Randy