a couple of questions.

Veronica Brainfluff danimariepies at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 14:37:31 PST 2004

Hi.  When I boot into FreeBSD, my computer restarts
itself and tries to boot into it again.  I am running
FreeBSD 5.1.  Recently I would start the computer,
boot into FreeBSD, it would restart itself around
where it begins to load loader.conf and then starts to
boot up again.  After it does that about 2 times it
would load FreeBSD.  Last night it would not boot into
it at all.  Do you think it's a hardware problem?

Also, when I load KDE it says that it cannot find
device/dev/dsp for sound.  I tried loading the
soundcard by typing kldload snd_sb16.ko but it doesn't
seem like that solved the problem.

Thanks for the help!