Mail server?

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Fri Jan 16 01:39:34 PST 2004

Eric F Crist wrote:

>On Thursday 15 January 2004 08:06 pm, Nick Twaddell wrote:
>

>>Qmail is the way to go in my opinion.
>>
>>http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html
>>
>>http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/webmail-server.htm
>>
>>two good sites :)
>>
>>Nick
>>

>Ok, from what you've told me as well as others, I'm gonig to 'try' qmail.
>However, is there a way to completely remove sendmail, so there's no
>confilct?  There is no (absolutely none) use of sendmail at this time.  Is
>there a package to install, or is it best to do so from sources?

make disable-sendmail, I think, in /usr/ports/mail/qmail after make
install. You're prompted anyway. It writes sendmail-enable="NONE" to
rc.conf.

If you're likely to make buildworld ever, then add NO_SENDMAIL=true to
/etc/make.conf.

And /usr/sbin/sendmail is replaced by a link to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
so anything that uses sendmail remains functional.

The docs at www.lifewithqmail.org are v good.

PWR.

PWR.