Samba 3.x.x on FreeBSD 4.9

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Thu Jan 15 15:10:52 PST 2004

In the immortal words of Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot at lphp.org>...
> This is how I install samba-devel on my 5-2 boxes without anyu
> problem:
>
> env CONFIGURE_ARGS=--with-ldap env
> CONFIGURE_ENV="CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib"
> make -DWITHOUT_CUPS -DWITH_QUOTAS -DWITH_MSDFS -DWITH_ACL_SUPPORT
> -DWITH_LIBICONV install clean

SOunds ok to me, however I'm also using winbind  and attemting to use
ADS support (which doesn't work for me)

make WITHOUT_CUPS=yes WITH_QUOTAS=yes WITH_WINBIND=yes
WITH_WINBIND_AUTH_CHALLENGE=yes KRB5_HOME=/usr WITH_ACL_SUPPORT=yes
WITH_LIBICONV=yes install clean

maybe I'm doing something wrong in this part.

I also have the heimdal port installed with WITH_LDAP=yes

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Tim

--