Cannot switch back to virtual terminal w/ nvidia drivers

Adam Olsen adamolsen at net-bizz.com
Thu Jan 15 11:59:36 PST 2004

Daniela,

Ok - Everything works perfectly in X.  When I switch to the VT, I get a
mode out of range error.  I can switch back to X just fine.  Just the VT
has this problem.

I never get the wavy text while in X.  If by chance I am able to switch
to the VT for some reason without getting the mode out of range error,
all the text is waving around.  This has not happened in FreeBSD 5.2,
but I did see it a few times in 4.8 (I don't know if I'll be able to
reproduce it).

Thanks,

Adam Olsen