Cannot switch back to virtual terminal w/ nvidia drivers

Adam Olsen adamolsen at net-bizz.com
Thu Jan 15 09:05:26 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm using FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE and have installed the latest nvidia
drivers available.  Everything works ok _except_ once I load X I cannot
switch back to the virtual console.  I get a "mode out of range" error.
  I had this problem with FreeBSD 4.8 as well.

This used to happen to me in Linux as well until the latest two releases
of the driver.

I am running the KT133 chipset on my motherboard (yeah yeah, I know).

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Olsen