xmms - problem - how to fix?

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Jan 14 04:24:04 PST 2004

Loren M. Lang wrote:
[...]

> Though I am having one
> problem with esd, it seems to want to exit after the last client closes
> it's connection even though I started it manually and didn't give it the
> -terminate option.  Anyone have any ideas why?

Hi,

I don't have a solution, but I have a similar problem:
Sometimes, esd dies after each and every song I play with xmms (I have
to press the play button again, which is rather annoying, when you are
not in front of your pc and you just want to listen to some music).

Perhaps this issue is related to xmms, and not to esd.

I am running Gnome 2, and esd is invoked like this:

esd -terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -spawnfd 33

Simon