HD and MB selection?

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Mon Jan 12 20:56:45 PST 2004

Hi all.  Just getting ready to build a new workstation using Freebsd 4.9
(*and eventually 5.x once it reaches the classification of "stable") for
up at my job and I'm curious of what motherboard and hard drive would be
best to use under Freebsd for maximum compatibility with as few issues
as possible.  Right now I'm looking at 3 different motherboards,
although I'm up for suggestions of other ones if these three really
aren't right for the job.

MSI K7N2 Delta (nforce)
Asus A7N8X (nforce)
Asus A7V8X (via)

Also, what brand of HD do you guys trust most?  What works best with
Freebsd?  I'm probubly going to pick up a pair of 80g Western Digitals,
but again I'm open to other suggestions.  Any suggestions are greatly
apreciated.  Thanks.