hsp modem support in freebsd

HdrCyt1 at aol.com HdrCyt1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 19:40:38 PST 2004

I have two machines:
Laptop    - Dell Latitude D800 running Windows XP Pro and
Desktop  - Pentium Pro II - 200 MHz running Windows 2000 Pro
with only 32 Mb of memory

I would like to install FreeBSD on my desktop to learn about UNIX and
to gain system performance. 32Mb is minimum for Windows 2000.
I think I may run into a problem with my modem. I have a winmodem
or hsp modem. Will I still be able to use this modem with FreeBSD
to dial into my ISP which is BlueLight? I cannot afford to buy another
modem right now. Please advise as what I should do.
                            Thanks
                                Brian
                                E-mail - wileycoyote_1 at hotmail.com