Booting from a hard disk not supported by the BIOS

Konrad Scorciapino konrad at scorciapino.org
Fri Jan 9 08:50:25 PST 2004

Hi,

I've got an old computer with 2 hard disks. The first has 2GB and FreeBSD installed; the second, 20GB and windows installed. However, the computer's BIOS is quite old and doesn't detect the second hard disk, so I cannot boot from it.

So how can I do that? I've tried installing FreeBSD's boot manager, but apparently it gets the devices' information from BIOS, since the only hard disk that appears in the boot list is the first one. Or perhaps there is a file somewhere to edit and add all information.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.