What is the end of FreeBSD ?!

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Thu Jan 8 17:41:21 PST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 06:26 pm, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 06:19 pm, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> > Hi Everybody ,
> >             I don't know Who can answer it or Do FreeBSD creaters
> > watching this list but I wonder What is the end of FreeBSD OS.
> >
> > I mean Does it like RedHat ?! one day will come and FreeBSD will inform "
> > After that , We are Not Free " !!!!

One way to avoid this happening is to donate to the FreeBSD Organization.  I'm
sure they're willing to accept any hardware or even small dollar amounts.
I'm sure if a good number of the user base were to either contribute some
bits of code, a spare HDD, or even $5, it would add up to be quite
substantial.

I have not yet donated to FreeBSD, but I do donate to others on the list.  I
guess it's because other software developers (UnrealIRCd, for example) are
more forward with asking for it.  I guess you guys are next on my list!

--
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc