Domains

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Wed Jan 7 21:57:34 PST 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 06:06 pm, Aeden wrote:
> HI, i want to have my personal domain not for buisness but for educational
> use. I am not that familiar with freebsd but i know somethings. I need my
> own doamin such as www.chetcuti.mt . can i set up my freebsd to do this so
> when they look up chetcuti.mt they see my ip without registering for a
> doamin could it be possibil. i know i have to use dns server and bind but
> could you clarify what i have to do? Thank you

Aeden,

In order to use a domain such as www.chetcuti.mt, you need to register it with
the registrar for the TLD .mt.  Some places can do this for as low as
5.99/year.  From there, you choose who does the DNS hosting, or you can do it
yourself, provided you have static IP addresses, unless you use one of a
dozen different dynamic dns services.

I hope this helps clarify things.

--
Eric F Crist