Commercial Distribution?

David D.W. Downey pgpkeys at pgpkeys.net
Tue Jan 6 18:14:27 PST 2004

And how is that different from Linux? FreeBSD is an Operating System, so is
Red Hat, Debian, Stampede, SLS, Slackware, and on and on. FreeBSD does the
same thing. FreeBSD didn't develop OpenSSL but it includes it, nor did it
develop SSH or swat, but it includes them. Just as linux distributions do.

There is no big difference. Linux has more commercial support including
first tier support, ala IBM, Compaq, Dell, and to s much shorter extent Sun
Microsystems.

You'll find many web hosting firms that offer managed care that can handle
the operating system complete with technical support on most dedicated
boxes. However, remember there that you're dealing with web farming.

I don't know of many larger firms that offer specificly FreeBSD assistance
except through VARs or custom box shops. If this is the route you’re looking
to take, I'd be more than happy to lend assistance.

David D.W. Downey