"Cannot find file system superblock" error - how to recover?

Scott I. Remick scott at sremick.net
Tue Jan 6 17:01:59 PST 2004

--- Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay at internode.on.net> wrote:

> This is true. That partition is labeled as unused.
> I believe you should be trying to mount /dev/ad6s1e.

su-2.05b# mount -r /dev/ad6s1e /data
mount: /dev/ad6s1e on /data: incorrect super block

> > #/dev/ad6s1c            /data           ufs     rw              2
> 2
> >

> Certainly wrong in 4.x, I suspect also wrong in 5.x.

Yikes, well that's the way it had been for about a year. How come it worked?
I must have made an inexperienced mistake early on, but it WAS working. Can
this be fixed?

> Do you have a line mounting ad4s1c for the other disk?

No, that's the only one using the "c" partition.