ACPI and 4.9?

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Tue Jan 6 14:50:04 PST 2004

Hello List,

I have ACPI working on a desktop running 5.1 and everything works great.  If I
press the power button, the system shutsdown correctly, the monitor shuts off
after 30 minutes, etc.  I have a laptop that I'm not using 5.1, but 4.9
instead (for reasons, see previous posts re: mouse).  According to the
FreeBSD handbook, I can implement ACPI in 4.9 (rather than APM) by simply
adding device acpi to the kernel configuration.  I tried this and get:

device acpi unknown

What should I do?  Please point me to the correct FM.

TIA!
--
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc