apache+php

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Jan 6 11:41:35 PST 2004

gaspo1 at fastwebnet.it wrote:

>GASPOFWIPV6LAB# uname -a
>FreeBSD GASPOFWIPV6LAB 4.9-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Thu Jan  1 08:04:10
>CET 2004     root at GASPOTB:/usr/src/sys/compile/GASPO  i386
>
>i have install from pkg_add the packages:
>apache-1.3.28
>mysql-client-4.0.15
>PHP
>---error--
>when i do :
>apachectl start
>usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>----------
>so,i have test also to compile httpd on my fbsd from apache.org,
>and if i compile it without modules apache start,if i compile with all modules
>like php cgi,apache cannot be start,the only error is:(var log)
>[Tue Jan  6 20:25:56 2004] [alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname("GASPOFWIPV6LAB")
>any suggest?

Well, that is a DNS type issue.  Give your host a
name either in DNS or /etc/resolv.conf, and try
again.  Or, disable mod_unique_id.

I would hesitate in saying that this will fix your problem,
though; that's just an "alert".  Perhaps something else is
wrong as well.

I generally prefer to install apache/PHP/MySQL from
the ports tree, SQL first, PHP last.  Works pretty well;
haven't had many issues since I started doing it
that way.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey