Updating Ports Index

Rishi Chopra rchopra at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 6 11:34:49 PST 2004

I installed perl, so I'm no longer getting the 'perl: not found' message
(any reason why perl isn't installed when installing the ports tree??)

The problem now is that the 'make index' command seems to take forever:

idfubar# make index
Generating INDEX-5 - please wait..

And then there's no additional output.  Is the server working on the
request, or has the request hung?