Alcatel Speedtouch PC ADSL Modem

beni brinckman beni.brinckman at advalvas.be
Mon Jan 5 10:49:03 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 01:56, Thomas Storey wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup an Alcatel Speedtouch PC ADSL Modem (its a PCI card) on a computer running FreeBSD 5.1 but I am not sure where to start.
> Could you please provide me with some info on how to get it working? Like where to get a driver, how to download it, how to install it, what config I need to do etc.
> I am not a FreeBSD guru so things might need to be explained in a little more english and usual.
> It would be VERY much appreciated if you can help me out.
> Cheres,
> Thomas

Hi,

I'm using the usb (so not the pci version) version of an alcatel
speedtouch adsl modem. Most of the info I found at
http://speedtouch.sf.net, but in the ports there seems to be version of
the pppoa program too (see below). My modem works very fine with the
programs and installation instructions found at the speedtouch.sf.net
site. They even have a FreeBSD version of the program and specific fbsd
installation notes.

/usr/ports>make search key="alcatel"
Port:   pppoa-1.2b2,1
Info:   Run PPP over Alcatel's USB Speedtouch device
Maint:  ports at FreeBSD.org
Index:  net
B-deps:
R-deps: