buildworld: ENCODING GB18030 is not supported by libc

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Sun Jan 4 14:01:49 PST 2004

# freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org / 2004-01-03 13:18:58 -0500:
> Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser at bellavista.cz> writes:
>
> > I just got this failure on a
> >
> > FreeBSD freepuppy.bellavista.cz 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #3: Tue Aug 26 12:34:53 CEST 2003     roman at freepuppy.bellavista.cz:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FREEPUPPY2_5  i386
> >
> > in a buildworld of freshly updated /usr/src.
> > UPDATING, marc.theaimsgroup.com, and google are quiet about the message.
> > what's up?
>
> You don't mention what you cvsup'd *to*, but it may not matter...

    roman at freepuppy /usr/src 1029:1 > sudo make update
    >>> Running /usr/local/bin/cvsup
    Parsing supfile "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/supfiles/standard-supfile"
    Connecting to cvsup.cz.FreeBSD.org
    Connected to cvsup.cz.FreeBSD.org
    Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
    Negotiating file attribute support
    Exchanging collection information
    Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
    Running
    Updating collection src-all/cvs
    ^CCleaning up ...
    Interrupted
    roman at freepuppy /usr/src 1030:130 > grep tag= /usr/local/etc/cvsup/supfiles/standard-supfile
    *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4

> Did you run "mergemaster -p"?
> Preferably one built from the new sources?

    not before now. cvsupped again, ran mergemaster -p (nothing special,
    just some variables in /etc/make.conf), got the same failure.