sshd crashing server

Will Prater lists-wp at mercurycloud.net
Sun Jan 4 13:35:06 PST 2004

Subhro,

On Jan 3, 2004, at 10:54 PM, Subhro wrote:

> Hey Will,
> Do you remember if you added anything nonstandard to CFLAGS in
> /etc/make.conf?

I dont thin I have added anything to /etc/make.conf. I can confirm once
the system is up again. SSHD did not start up at boot after the crash
so I am trying to have someone in the colo start it manually, hoping
that will get me in!!

>  Something like -funroll-loops or some non standard
> optimizations? Also what is the securelevel you are running the system
> at?

I am not sure, probably 0.

> Did u specifically mention to OVERWRITE the base system and did u add
> the
> line sshd_script="/usr/local/sbin/sshd" in /etc/rc.conf?

Yes, those are done. That is why I wonder why no sshd started at
bootup. I sure hope the team over at the colo can get sshd running.

> IF u did all of
> these then I would recommend add NO_OPENSSH="YES" to /etc/make.conf and
> rebuild the world. Also go through a CVSup before the rebuild. Also if
> possible paste the last 25 lines of /var/log/messages. As far as I can
> make
> out without the logs, somehow the sshd code has got to become
> incompatible
> with the rest of the source tree.

OK. Let me get the machine up and I would gladly send you some of the
messages.

Thanks again!!