problem with 2 nics in same box

Scott Renna srenna at vdbmusic.com
Sat Jan 3 12:27:40 PST 2004

I am using Snort and a few other tools to decide which I'd like best.
Here's the thing about Lowell's comment on Bridging.  Is this necessary
in this case?  I don't want the interface without an IP to EVER transmit
outbound.  If I Need to enable bridging I'll do so.  The other thing is,
is it possible to configure each card to be on a different subnet(like
xl1 on 10.X.X.X and xl0 on 192.X.X.X)?

Bpf is in the kernel
Andrew, do you like VooDoo Blue?  Let me know, I am involved.