readline port weirdness

Frank Laszlo laszlof at vonostingroup.com
Sat Jan 3 10:22:28 PST 2004

I'm trying to patch the readline port to support READLINE_OVERWRITE_BASE
as suggested by Edwin. im running into a bit of a snag with info files.
Here is what I have in the Makefile

.if defined(READLINE_OVERWRITE_BASE)
PREFIX= /usr
MANPREFIX=      ${PREFIX}/share
INFOPREFIX=     ${PREFIX}/share
CONFIGURE_ARGS=        --mandir=${MANPREFIX}/man
--infodir=${INFOPREFIX}/info
.endif

the correct location for info files should be /usr/share/info (am I
wrong?) but when i do a make install for this port I get the following
errors:

ls: /usr/info/readline.info*: No such file or directory
ls: /usr/info/rluserman.info*: No such file or directory
ls: /usr/info/history.info*: No such file or directory

After reading through bsd.port.mk I found this:

.for i in ${INFO}
        @${ECHO_CMD} "@unexec install-info --delete %D/info/$i.info
%D/info/dir" \
                >> ${TMPPLIST}
        @${LS} ${PREFIX}/info/$i.info* | ${SED} -e s:${PREFIX}/::g >>
${TMPPLIST}
        @${ECHO_CMD} "@exec install-info %D/info/$i.info %D/info/dir" \
                >> ${TMPPLIST}
.endfor

note the line starting with @${LS} it looks it PREFIX/info. which is my
case would be /usr/info (which is wrong) is there any reason this
shouldnt be something like ${INFOPREFIX} instead of ${PREFIX}? where
INFOPREFIX=${PREFIX}/info
This would allow for ports to set the variable without having to write a
custom installation script for allow for /usr/share/info. any ideas? Thanks

-Frank