How to build diskless kernel?

Rob nospam at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 2 00:57:07 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm following the instructions in the handbook for diskless boot.
In Chapter 19.6.1.4 "Building a Diskless Kernel", it says:

"Build the kernel (See Chapter 9), and copy it to the tftp directory ..."

I have two problems here:
1. Chapter 9 only explains how to build and install a kernel on a
    running machine, where 'install' puts everything in root directory.
2. When it says above "copy it", what is "it" here? A file? Or files
    and directories (e.g. /modules/) ? And where is "it", after doing the
    'build' command as explained in Chapter 9?

Thanks for clearing up this matter for me.

Regards,
Rob.