netgraph.ko vs. compiled in.

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Jan 1 11:38:13 PST 2004

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or intended behaviour.  If the behaviour is
intended, documentation improvements may be in order.

If I build a kernel with "options netgraph", in order to use mpd, netgraph.ko
is still loaded at boot (with an error) but mpd does not work.

If I build the kernel without netgraph, netgraph.ko loads, along with other
netgraph modules required for PPTP, and mpd works like a charm.

What I haven't tried yet, is compiling a kernel with all the options for all
the netgraph modules I'll need compiled in to see if that works.

This is FreeBSD 4.9.  Does anyone know if this is intended behaviour or a bug?
If it's intended behaviour, is it in the documentation and I just haven't seen
it?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies