Problems with GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x, FreeBSD and GLX extension

xxavi xxavi at ya.com
Thu Jan 1 08:08:14 PST 2004

Hi people!

Info. of my system:

I have a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x video card.

My OS is FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #20: Wed Dec 10 13:39:46 CET 2003

My XFree86 is,
This is a pre-release version of XFree86, and is not supported in any
way. Bugs may be reported to XFree86 at XFree86.Org and patches submitted
to fixes at XFree86.Org. Before reporting bugs in pre-release versions,
please check the latest version in the XFree86 CVS repository
(http://www.XFree86.Org/cvs).

XFree86 Version 4.3.99.12
Release Date: 10 September 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 4.9 i386 [ELF]
Current Operating System: FreeBSD localhost 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD
4.9-STABLE #20: Wed Dec i386 Build Date: 30 October 2003
Changelog Date: 10 September 2003
Before reporting problems, check http://www.XFree86.Org/
Module Loader present

My motherboard is a Aopen AX6BC with R2.59 BIOS version.

The problem:

When I enable 'nvidia' driver into XF86Config and nvidia.ko module and
after, I try any aplication's GLX extension, my system reboot
automatically!

Why it occur?

How can I solvent this problem?

Thanks.
_____
xxavi

  	 "Be liberal in what you accept, and
  conservative in what you send"  from RFC [Braden 1989a]