ps2 optical wheel mouse problems

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sun Feb 29 09:56:34 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:39:26AM -0700, Jerry M. Howell II wrote:
> Hello all.,
>
>   I recently installed freeBSD 5.2 and have a problem. I have most
>   everything working corectly except the mouse. I set it to auto and it
>   detects the mouse but it jumps all over the screen. It's a prety
>   standard optical wheel mouse that seems to work fine under 4.8 and
>   under all distros of linux I've used so far. I've tried every
>   configuration I can think of under the sun. Does anyone have any
>   recomendations?

Hi,

There are two main ways of setting up the mouse. The first is to go only
with the X config and the second is to rely on the consile setup. If you
didn't use the second option, then please read the FAQ on the website.
Could you please tell use wich option you used? It would also be a handy
to have the configuration files or those parts there of that are
relevant.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use: