scheduling priority not working?

Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Sun Feb 29 01:16:53 PST 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:28:24 +0100
Erik Trulsson <ertr1013 at student.uu.se> probably wrote:

> Let me guess: You are using [t]csh as your shell, right?
> That has 'nice' as a built-in command with a slightly different syntax
> than /usr/bin/nice  (which is what is documented in the nice(1)
> manpage)

Substitute `slightly different' for `evil and incompatible':).

That's why it's so usable to use an escape so that the nice binary
would be used, not the built-in command:

$ \nice -n 19 make

There's more than nice to change priority; for example, check out
rtprio(1) and idprio(1). Just FYI.

HTH,

--
DoubleF
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that