NFS sharing /usr/ports and /usr/src

Rob nospam at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 28 21:58:11 PST 2004

Tom Munro Glass wrote:
> I want to NFS share /usr/ports and /usr/src from a master machine for use by
> other machines. If I specify -network and -mask options for each share, I get
> the error:
>
> 	mountd[101]: can't change attributes for /usr/src
> 	mountd[101]: bad exports list line /usr/src
>
> but if I don't have any options, the share works OK?
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I'm doing this, but use in exports:

	/usr   -ro -maproot=root -alldirs   <ip-addresses>

which allows to mount any subdir of /usr, which on the /usr partition.
This way I can mount /usr/doc and /usr/src, readonly. Since I have
/usr/ports on a separate partition, I also have to add a line like:

	/usr/ports   -maproot=root  <ip-addresses>

Take care of what is exported and mounted readonly and not readonly.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Rob.