help making mozilla 1.6x work on Freebsd

julesg at newebmail.com julesg at newebmail.com
Sat Feb 28 13:46:31 PST 2004

Hello, fellow FreeBSD users.

My system is so outdated that I can not do a /stand/sysintall anymore.
Not even using 'any'.  (Does a work-around exist?  That would be a big
help, too.)

I am trying to make Mozilla run with X, which is installed and working.

This machine is kept fairly busy and I won't be able to do a reboot or a
shutdown for at least two weeks, but -- if anyone can provide instructions
to help me install Mozilla, to be used remotely, using xterm, I'd
appreciate some help.

This is what I see when I do a uname -a

FreeBSD PR7.ne.mediaone.net
4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD
4.5-RELEASE #2:
Tue Aug 20 19:01:59 EDT 2002
root at PRD.ne.mediaone.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/PRDI1  i386